Shutting Down a Business Was the “Best Worst Thing” That Michael Buzinski Has Done
Buzz is a lifelong entrepreneur, digital marketing thought leader, and best-selling author of his book The Rule of 26 For Service-Centric Businesses: Three Steps To Doubling Website Revenue. Check out his book's website.
Dubbed a “visionary marketer” by the American Marketing Association, Michael’s sole mission is to reduce the prevalence of entrepreneurial poverty in the US. Michael is a 10 year Air Force Veteran who now mentors other vetrepreneurs through “Warriors Rising”, leads marketing workshops for the Small Business Administration, the Small Business Development Center in multiple states, and has presented marketing workshops for multiple Universities.
In this episode, Buzz shares his “favorite mistake” story about “the little coup” that took place at his previous company when he went on a trip to Italy to serve as a videographer instead because he had nobody else to send. While he was away, the electicity went out at the home office because somebody didn't pay the bill. Young employees “thought the company was going out of business” and that led to a lot of chaos… and his eventual decision to break up the company. Why was the “best worst thing” that happened to Buzz and how did he move forward in a better way?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Why do you say you’re a failed musician? What happened?
- Starving artist or musician… What does this phrase mean?
- What is the rule of 26?
- Digital marketing mistakes??
- Newest mistake that you’ve found?
- Tell us about Warriors Rising
- The only three key performance indicators (KPIs) you need to track when marketing your website?
- How to get a free copy of his book:
- Get a copy of his book, The Rule of 26 on Amazon in eBook or paperback.
- He will send a free signed paperback copy to any listener who purchases his eBook from Amazon if they email him at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of their purchase and the address they want the book sent to.
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Buzz or his company on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.