Scott Miller’s Favorite Messes (or Mistakes) in Executive and Marketing Roles
Scott is the author of books including Everyone Deserves a Great Manager, Management Mess To Leadership Success: 30 Challenges to Become the Leader You Would Follow, and his latest book, Marketing Mess to Brand Success: 30 Challenges to Transform Your Organization's Brand (and Your Own).
He's also the host of the podcast, “On Leadership with Scott Miller,” where he has interviewed people including Adam Grant, Elizabeth Smart, John Maxwell, Matthew McConaughey, and Stephen M.R. Covey.
In today's episode, Scott shares his favorite mistake, from his time as a Chief Marketing Officer and how being an “idea fountain” was a mistake, as he learned. We also get a bonus “favorite mistake” story about a marketing promotion gone wrong.
Other topics and questions:
- Multipliers – his favorite leadership book either written – Liz Wiseman (or are we “diminishers”?)
- How did you bring this up and resolve this with your team?
- Questions that aren’t really questions?
- Can you be an expert in everything? Safe to say, “I don’t know”??
- The Speed of Trust – Stephen M.R. Covey
- How important to you is “manager” vs. “leader”??
- How do you define a “great” mangager in a nutshell?
- On Leadership – guest messes?
- McConaughey Greenlights book
- The E.F. Hutton reference – example commercial
Scroll down to find:
- Watch the video
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.