My guest for Episode #136 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Dr. Nicole Roberts. She is the Executive Director of Feed A Billion, an international nonprofit that feeds girls around the world to prevent exploitation and she's the founder of Health & Human Rights Strategies, a health care and human rights-focused advising firm in Washington, D.C.
Nicole is also the host of “The Global Good Podcast.”
Nicole contributes to Forbes, contextualizing health, and highlighting ideas, companies, and people that are changing the health landscape. Her writing has appeared in numerous journals and publications, and her talks can be found on the United Nations website and various news and sports outlets.
She has a doctorate in public health from the University of North Carolina, a masters in public policy from the University of Chicago, and completed undergraduate work in psychology and biology at the University of Missouri.
In today's episode, Nicole shares her “favorite mistake” story about making bad assumptions about starting a meals program for girls in India — assuming that a model that worked elsewhere would work there. How did she learn about the bad assumption and how did they correct this to be more effective?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Given your brain science background – then going into public health… thoughts on the best way to get more people to say “yes” to vaccination?
- You’re also hosting what has become an annual event at the Super Bowl – Brain Health Summit – in its 9th year — tell us about the event?
- Was agent Leigh Steinberg too powerful to get ostracized after that paper & event?
- Jen Welter Episode #60
- Dave Scatchard Episode #59
- Tell us about the nonprofit “Feed A Billion”
- Tell us a little bit about your firm Health & Human Rights Strategies…
- Tell us about the Podcast — The Global Good Podcast
- “If you aren't making mistakes then it means you aren't paying enough attention or you aren't listening to the people around you.” Tell us what that means to you.
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Nicole on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.