My guest for Episode #122 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Joel Trammell. He is CEO and Founder of Khorus Systems, a business management system that empowers CEOs to lead high-performance organizations.
Joel is the author of books including The CEO Tightrope: How to Master the Balancing Act of a Successful CEO and his latest, available in January, titled The Manager’s Playbook: Make Exceptional People Management Your Competitive Advantage.
In today's episode, Joel shares his “favorite mistake” story about having trouble, multiple times, finding the right VP of Marketing for a startup company. What happened, and what did Joel learn?
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Steps to avoid making that mistake?
- What are some Mistakes CEOs make in evaluating the performance of other executives?
- As boss, do you have to more expert than your team?
- “Be an expert generalist”
- Being CEO at 2 companies at the same time?
- As a CEO, what’s your role in creating a culture of learning from mistakes?
- When do you have to bring in an outsider as CEO?
- Keep Austin weird? Is it a Mistake for companies to “hire for fit”??
Find Joel on Social Media:
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.