Author Katie Anderson’s Audiobook Mistakes and What She Learned in the Process
My guest for Episode #128 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Katie Anderson, a leadership coach, and the author of the book Learning to Lead, Leading to Learn: Lessons from Toyota Leader Isao Yoshino on a Lifetime of Continuous Learning — along with the companion workbook that she published.
Katie was previously a guest with Mr. Yoshino in Episode 30 back in January 2021.
In today's episode, Katie tells her most recent “favorite mistake” story about recording and producing the audiobook version of her book. What went wrong? How did she discover the problems?
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Doing your best? Give it your best – Japanese word: ganbarimasu
- Root cause of the sound variation in the audiobook recording?
- Lean Blog Interviews podcast episodes with Katie
- Anxiety about talking about mistakes?
- Reflections on creating a culture where it’s safe to talk freely about mistakes?
- How can people learn with you, work with you?
- “Leading to Learn Accelerator”
Scroll down to find:
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.