Teresa de Grosbois: Her Failed Africa Charity Opened Unexpected Doors
My guest for Episode #173 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Teresa de Grosbois. She is the Founder of the Evolutionary Business Council, an International Speaker and the #1 International Bestselling author of Mass Influence: The Habits of the Highly Influential, which is now a best seller in seven countries.
A 4X International Bestselling Author, Teresa teaches marketing courses around the globe to business leaders and entrepreneurs on how to create massively successful word of mouth campaigns.
As the Chair of the Evolutionary Business Council, Teresa leads an International, Invitation-Only Council of Speakers and Influencers dedicated to teaching the principles of success.
In this episode, Teresa tells her favorite mistake story about creating a non-profit organization in Sudan that failed. Why did she “quickly realize this wasn't right”? What did she learn from this and how did that experience in Africa lead to the unexpected opening of doors to better opportunities?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- How did you create 3 best sellers in 8 months?
- What if you’re reaching out to influencers and not getting a response?
- From the book the book – habits and mistakes people make in trying to influence others
- Do aspiring influencers mistake self promotion and bragging?
- Should spend more time on building relationships with other influencers?
- Never talk about yourself vs. always talking about yourself?
- “Influencer” (like social media) vs true influence?
- A mistake to think you’re trying to reach “everyone”? Or is “all business leaders at all levels” even too broad to be effective?
- What’s the difference between “practicing at business” vs. being “aligned with your passion”?
- How common is the mistake of “focusing on how you make money” instead of “the service that you want to bring to others”?
- Big mistake — not choosing who you want to play with based on fully respecting that person?
- Tell me about the Evolutionary Business Council…
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Teresa on social media:
Watch the Full Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.