Sales Expert (and Stand Up Comedian) Merit Kahn Didn’t Read the Room
My guest for Episode #111 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Merit Kahn, a sales expert, Certified Emotional Intelligence Expert, business speaker, and CEO of her training company, SELLect Sales Development. She has coached & trained entrepreneurs and sales teams for more than 20 years and she's also a stand up comedian.
In today's episode, Merit shares her “favorite mistake” story about taking the wrong approach with a sales prospect earlier in her career. Why was Merit focused on a particular sales technique, in a way that had her disconnected from the moment. What happened and what did she learn from the experience?
We talk about that and other topics including:
- Being a stand up comedian – can’t be a low-confidence person, right?
- Reading the room, in sales or comedy?
- Bombing on stage? What does that teach you?
- What is the Open for Business framework?
- Common sales mistakes?
- Your website says “WARNING: Our programs are not a perfect match for everyone.” — why is that important to say?
- The SELLect Sales System — Stop selling and start being selected
- She dated a well-known comedic actor… listen to find out who!
Find Merit on Social Media:
Scroll down to find:
- Watch the video
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.