He's also the host of the podcast “The Uncommon Leader” — and I was his guest there! He was also previously my guest on my Lean Blog Interviews podcast series.
Before starting his company, John worked as a consultant for a decade, after being an operations manager and a division president for two different companies.
In today's episode, John shares his “favorite mistake” story about the time he got into the real estate business and thought he could change how a key business partner operated. And that partner was his mother-in-law. Why did he make this mistake? How did he adjust and how did he survive?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- What is “Lean”?
- Why were you excited about bringing this to real estate?
- Focusing on strengths instead of problems?
- Having a process when “every home sale is unique”?
- Tell us about the podcast…
- Common leadership mistakes that you wish were uncommon?
- Are they uncommon because they avoid leadership problems or because they have certain strengths?
- Being able to admit when they’re wrong… that’s uncommon — humility is required
- Creating an environment where it’s safe to talk about mistakes?
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find John on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.