Check out all episodes on the My Favorite Mistake main page.
My guest for Episode #132 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Manisha Thakor, a 25-year veteran of the financial services industry. She has seen firsthand the downfalls of being trapped in what she calls “the cult of money.” She is a Chartered Financial Analyst and a Certified Financial Planner.
From a failed marriage to nearly working herself to death – twice, Manisha has learned the hard way how expensive this pursuit of money really is. Using a unique approach she calls “MoneyZen”, Manisha found her way back to financial and personal wellbeing. Today, she uses this framework to help others do the same.
Manisha is the author of books including On My Own Two Feet and Get Financially Naked: How to Talk Money With Your Honey.
In today's episode, Manisha shares her “favorite mistake” story about realizing she had saved up far more than she needed for retirement — at the cost of her own well-being, health, and satisfaction. Why did she confuse wealth for “well-th”?
We talk about that story and other topics including:
- Retired once she realized she had WAY too much saved
- From donations to direct participation in meaningful non-profits?
- Tell us what you mean by the phrase “a cult of money” and why people get caught up in that?
- Well-th isn’t as easily measured?
- Ten Percent Happier podcast
- What led to you “nearly working yourself to death”?
- The cult of “never enough”
- The most common money mistakes that couples make?
- What is “MoneyZen”?
- How do you work with individuals? With organizations (wellness centers, corporations)
- The quiz on her website that she mentioned
Find Manisha on Social Media:
Scroll down to find:
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.