Check out all episodes on the My Favorite Mistake main page.
My guest for Episode #188 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Simon T. Bailey. He’s a keynote speaker, a success coach, an author, a television host, and a philanthropist — he has worked with over 2,000 companies in 50 different countries.
SUCCESS magazine calls Simon one of the top 25 people who will help you reach your business and life goals.
He’s the author of books including Release Your Brilliance: The 4 Steps to Transforming Your Life and Revealing Your Genius to the World and his most recent book, Ignite the Power of Women in Your Life – A Guide For Men.
Before starting his company, he worked for the Walt Disney Company, including four years as the Sales Director for the Disney Institute. His degrees include a master’s from Faith Christian University and three honorary doctorate degrees.
His main website is SimonTBailey.com and his book’s website is IgniteThePowerofWomen.com.
In this episode, Simon tells his favorite mistake story from his time as a Disney executive. Why did he violate the rule of “never talk to the media unless authorized” — and why did his boss ask “what were you thinking?” Was that “career suicide” or did it “change the trajectory” of his future? What can we learn from his experience?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Your career transition?
- Tell us about your latest book, Ignite the Power of Women… what was the spark that led to it?
- How much do men need to help vs. getting out of the way?
- Why do you say this is now “the age of the woman”?
- “Coaching is not telling, it’s asking”
- You say gender equality benefits everyone… how does gender equality benefit men?
- Intersectionality — Different support for a woman of color?
- You wrote that it took 3 years to write the book — ten drafts, 3 title changes… tell us more about that journey and bringing it to the finish line?
- Your next book?
- Tell us a little bit about a non-profit that you support, Global Servants and what they do… globalservants.org
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Simon on social media:
Watch the Full Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.