Preventing the Cycle of Burnout From Repeating: Twyla Verhelst
She lives and breathes accounting. As a CPA, tech entrepreneur, and now leader of the Accounting Professionals Program at FreshBooks, she’s working to empower accounting professionals with the tools they need to thrive, as well as helping them discover their most valuable tool — their authentic self.
In this episode, Twyla talks about her “favorite mistake” — a past episode of burnout and what she learned that allows her to prevent things from getting as bad when she detects signs of burnout starting to appear.
Questions and topics include:
- What caused her burnout?
- Why was a 7-day silent retreat helpful to her?
- What does it mean to be your “authentic self”?
- As an accountant, an introvert, she had created a representation of herself… speaking up, doing things she decided “weren’t her”
- Being authentic vs. getting out of your comfort zone?? Where is the balance?
- Being a mentor to women in accounting and entrepreneurship arenas…
- Is the name “Twyla” more popular after the show “Schitt's Creek” aired?
- Find Twyla on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Scroll down to find:
- Partial Episode Video
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
You can listen to or watch the episode below. A transcript also follows lower on this page. Please subscribe, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser! You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode. This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.
Watch the First 17 Minutes:
Due to a technical problem, the video recording cut out after 23 minutes. The entire audio is available in the podcast feed. I just made an edit to end the video after 17 minutes, as that was a reasonable transition point between topics…
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please subscribe, rate, and review the podcast — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.