P.R. Expert Sabrina Stocker Made Mistakes in Her Businesses and on The Apprentice UK
She’s founded multiple businesses, and she is now a publicist and the Founder of Two Comma PR – a Public Relations firm. She wants to inspire and help others to become the best versions of themselves, specifically by helping start and scale their business.
In this episode, Sabrina tells her favorite mistake story about listening to somebody else's advice when she was running a startup tennis events business. Why was she “fueled by fire” when she returned from a long break and was that a mistake to be driven by frustration and a desire to beat a rival instead of an intrinsic drive to serve customers? Did she make mistakes on The Apprentice?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- As a tennis player, what was your perspective on mistakes? Mistakes in strategy, when to adjust? Mistakes on a particular shot? Coaching players how to think about mistakes?
- “Unforced errors” as a phrase in tennis…
- As a leader — can’t blame… “human error is always going to happen”
- The Apprentice UK — tell us about Lord Alan Sugar
- Mistakes while on The Apprentice? Did you get fired because of a mistake?
- More room to recover from a career mistake at your age?
- You’ve done a lot at a young age… started your first business at 14 — what was that?
- Benefits of learning from mistakes at a young age? Was that anything you were aware of?
- Social media mistakes?
- Mistakes related to P.R.?
- Mistake to send repeated automated follow up emails on a pitch?
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Sabrina on social media:
Watch the Full Episode:
Clip: Why did she get fired from The Apprentice?
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.