Check out all episodes on the My Favorite Mistake main page.
My guests for Episode #162 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast are Dr. Joseph A. Allen and Karin M. Reed.
They are the authors of the book SUDDENLY HYBRID: Managing the Modern Meeting. Their previous book was SUDDENLY VIRTUAL: Making Remote Meetings Work.
KARIN M. REED is CEO of Speaker Dynamics. She is an Emmy award-winning broadcast journalist and now focuses on helping business professionals to be confident communicators on any platform? in person, on camera, or through virtual communication tools.
JOSEPH A. ALLEN, PhD, is a Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at the University of Utah. His research focus is on the study of workplace meetings, organizational community engagement, and occupational safety and health.
Sharing their “favorite mistake” stories, Karin talks about a time early in her television news career, where a technical mishap taught her to always have a “Plan B.” Why was Joe surprised that he wasn't getting honest feedback about his writing, and what did that teach him about not taking expertise for granted?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Mistakes with virtual meetings?
- Is it a mistake to keep your camera off?
- What is a hybrid meeting or the hybrid workplace?
- Mistakes that people or organizations make with hybrid?
- Tips and tricks to be inclusive to all participants in the room, on video, on the phone etc.?
- Technology to solve the room webcam camera problem?
- When the video is imperative in a virtual or hybrid meeting and when it’s not?
- Non-verbals in a hybrid meeting?
- Strategies to combat video fatigue and multitasking?
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find “Speaker Dynamics” on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.