Thanks for having me come speak at the Maryland World Class Consortium annual conference.
It was an honor and a pleasure to be there with you!
Here are some links, references, and videos related to my talk.
- My original blog post about Lean vs. “L.A.M.E.”
- Taiichi Ohno book with “start from need” explanation
- John Shook “what is the problem?” video
- Toyota's TPS explanation page
- The UK “bad office 5S” story
- The guy who said “Lean will speed up your quality problem” and video:
- More examples of incorrect Lean Sigma dogma
- Dan Pink's book Drive
- Deming's book Out of the Crisis
- Franciscan “Applesauce” Kaizen story and video
- More Franciscan Kaizen videos
- Peter Scholtes quote and book, The Team Handbook
- Patient safety and harm statistics
- Statistics on safety and quality improvement through Lean
- Ethan Burris article on Fear and Futility
- Dr. John Toussaint on white coat leadership (and video)
- Strategy deployment at ThedaCare (DVD) – intro video below
Thanks again for attending my talk!
A few things I skipped due to time constraints: