Fred Moore Learned to Make Himself Irreplaceable in His Job as a Magician
My guest for Episode #104 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Fred Moore, who has been a professional speaker and entertainer for the past 25 years, including roles as a corporate magician, event emcee, and more. Fred has done over 6,000 performances and presentations in 30 countries.
In today's episode, Fred shares his “favorite mistake” story about putting himself in a position where he was “replaceable” at work. We'll hear about how he was fired from the beginning of a 9-month performing contract. What did Fred learn from this, for his own benefit and to help others learn from his experience?
We talk about that and other topics including:
- Mistakes that happen as a stage performer?
- Things that REALLY throw you off?
- “How can I use my enemies and failure?”
- Virtual engagements — Pivots, mistakes, lessons?
- Certified Virtual Presenter?
- How did you get into magic?
- Fred's key lessons:
- Be irreplaceable, not a commodity
- Nobody cares more about you than you
- Wallowing in misery isn't that productive
- Haven’t failed if you learned something (videos)
Find Fred on Social Media:
Scroll down to find:
- Watch the video
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.