Founder & Author Melissa Drake Didn’t Pursue Things That Brought Her Joy
My guest for Episode #164 of the My Favorite Mistake podcast is Melissa Drake. As the founder of Uncorped Influence, Melissa helps like-minded businesses and individuals find creative solutions and go further than they thought possible.
Melissa is the author of three books:
- The Orgasmic Entrepreneur: Discover the Sweet Spot of Love, Sex, and Business by Simply Being YOU,
- Sacred Medicine Integration: A Companion Journal Supporting Ceremonial Medicine Experiences
- TranscenDANCE: Lessons From Living, Loving, and Dancing
She's also a TEDx Speaker with 25 years climbing the corporate ranks and a decade of entrepreneurial experience. Her TEDx Talk, “The Dance of Collaboration,” presents fresh insights on the benefits of collectively beneficial collaborations.
In this episode, Melissa shares her “favorite mistake” story about the pattern of “not taking care of who I am as a person, not pursuing the things that bring me joy.” How did she come to see this pattern? Are mistakes like this just “part of the process” or are they to be avoided? How does she make sure she doesn't fall back into that trap?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- Were you sort of going through life in autopilot?
- Finding the fix — looking within or to others?
- How to make sure you don’t fall back into that trap? As easy as avoiding a corporate job?
- When things aren’t going well — double down? – Or rest, take time?
- Did you have any fear that your book title would be a mistake?
- Is it a book for women? No
- New path started in 2015, laid off from insurance industry, “kick in the pants” she needed
- Why was “the ability to truly be me” so important to you?
- Freedom of expression is one of your most significant values
- Correlation or causation? — finding “the link between achieving sexual satisfaction and attaining strong business results.”
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Melissa on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.