“Confrontationalist” Danielle Gibson Hired a Coach Instead of a Branding Expert
Danielle was previously owner and designer at a jewelry company, Danielle Gibson Designs. She earned a degree in Fine Arts and also studied Italian language and literature in Italy.
In today's episode, Danielle shares her “favorite mistake” story about hiring a general coach when she needed a branding expert. How did she discover that to be a mistake? How and why did she end up repeating the mistake? How did she finally put that mistake behind her, never to be repeated again?
We also talk about questions and topics including:
- How do you define “confrontation”?? — compared to assertiveness?
- “I’m an expert in confrontation.”
- Why were you comfortable with confrontation? Family environment?
- Lessons learned from your story when hiring a partner??
- “What to do when you don’t know what to do”
- People are scared about speaking up…
- A mistake to tell people to speak up without working to create the environment that invites it? Like in your family…
- How to be more direct, especially when there’s a power dynamic?
- Mistakes people make when being “confronted” — coaching people to be a better receiver of confrontation?
- One of the best ways to give feedback that’s non threatening?
- How do you start a conversation if you don’t know what to say?
Scroll down to find:
- Video of the episode
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Find Danielle on social media:
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.