An NFL Player’s Business Struggles and His Identity Shift: Anthony Trucks
Anthony is the author of the new book, released this week, titled Identity Shift: Upgrade How You Operate to Elevate Your Life. Scroll down for a chance to enter to win a copy of the book!
Anthony's also an international speaker, host of the Aww Shift and Shift Starter podcasts, author and founder of Identity Shift coaching. He’s a serial entrepreneur with one serious super power: Making Shift Happen, no matter what, by accessing the power of identity.
In today's episode, Anthony shares his “favorite mistake” story about the first business he started after the NFL, a personal training business with a huge lease in the economic downturn of 2009. How and why did he seek out help and why was “being forced to figure it out” his favorite mistake?
Other topics and questions:
- “When you drop your ego, past mistakes, flaws, and fear of failure, you can find your internal fire to catapult you into the life that you want and deserve.”
- EGO – Everybody’s Greatest Obstacle
- Fear of failure? —> How did you view the possibility of making mistakes on the field as a football player?
- What are the 6 levels of failure – above or below the learning line?
- “Version failure” – learns from the mistake
- “Predictable failure” – knowing we can’t be perfect
- What is identity? — we have different identities at different times
- It’s who we are when we’re not thinking about who we are
- What does it mean that your survey says I'm a “slow dreamer”?
- How did you find you new identity after your NFL career ended suddenly? Identity shift?
Scroll down to find:
- Watch the video
- Enter to win a copy of the book!
- How to subscribe
- Full transcript
Watch the Episode:
Subscribe, Follow, Support, Rate, and Review!
Please follow, rate, and review via Apple Podcasts or Podchaser or your favorite app — that helps others find this content and you'll be sure to get future episodes as they are released weekly. You can also become a financial supporter of the show through Anchor.fm.
You can now sign up to get new episodes via email, to make sure you don't miss an episode.
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network.